Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Leg of mutton dressed up as...

I well tired now and I ent even get to blog about Trinidad Carnival which is reaching its peak this weekend but I promise all you islandistas that I will get to it! Just now! Soon come! And all of that...

But I just got a quick ting to drop pun yuh from the Brit Awards night before last in London.

Our girl Estelle is doing what she does and well...

[caption id="attachment_642" align="aligncenter" width="196" caption="Photo credit: PA"]Photo credit: PA[/caption]

 

I... do not know what to make of this dress. I have been trying to work with Estelle and her crazy-angled dresses but ...

I see what she trying to do and ting ... be cutting edge and fashion forward (though since leg of mutton sleeves are actually circa the late 1800s - so can you be fashion forward if you going back over a century?) but... oh gosh man, she just looking fuh attention now.

And I think Nora here (compliments Wikipedia's nice little entry on 1890s fashion) rocked the look much better back in 1896.

[caption id="attachment_643" align="aligncenter" width="304" caption="Photo credit: Wikimedia commons"]Photo credit: Wikimedia commons[/caption]

1 comment:

  1. [...] I’m loving it. Now, I know  we ripped Estelle for the leg-o-mutton sleeves on her dress in another post but somehow Rihanna made this outfit look [...]

    ReplyDelete