Sunday, November 1, 2009

Oh yeah... islandisto Jaicko doing big t'ings!

[vodpod id=ExternalVideo.890749&w=425&h=350&fv=m%3D62482167%26type%3Dvideo%26a%3D0]



 





Ok, islandistas, it's a bit of an embarassing confession for us because we're a good ten to fifteen years older than the target demographic but we're pretty hooked on Bajan teeny bopper Jaicko's tune 'Oh Yeah'.

Jaicko, who signed to Capitol Records earlier this year (de Bajan invasion is real peoples!) even broke into BET's 106 & Park charts a few weeks ago with the bouncy, insanely catchy tune.

Yes, yes we know, we know ... shoot, even he knows it's a bit repetitive as he sings:
"I know this song a little annoying, oh yeah
But now I'm making' dollars, so i really don't care
Now I got the whole world singing oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah
"

He ent lie yuh know - de damn song does just stick in my head every time I hear it. The freaky thing about this song is that for some reason I'm always hearing it when I'm on the road and true enough I don't even know whyI'm  turning up my radio but dammit if I don't find myself bobbing my head in my car cos I feel it though.

Next t'ing yuh know it is six hours later and I still humming de song, so clearly he's doing something right and we love to see island people do well so we don't mind too much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment