Saturday, December 5, 2009

Melanie Fiona speaks on her Grammy nom!

Big t'ings a gwan for islandista -not-actually from an island, the talented Guyanese-descended Melanie Fiona, who received her first ever Grammy nod on Friday when the award nominations were announced.

Just a month after her album The Bridge was released, she has been nominated for Best Female R&B Performance ... and of course, she's thrilled.
"I cried the happiest tears of my life when I heard the news. This is something I have dreamed of my entire life. I am a new artist, and to be recognized by the Grammy committee as a nominee in the company of such talented and established artists is my highest honor. I truly feel like the little engine that could," she said, in a press release issued by her label Universal Motown.

Congrats Melanie! We love to see island folk doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment